Sunday, March 29, 2009

Swinging from the trees!

OK, back to blogging about fun times! I am a part of a women's Bible study at our church and we just finished a 10 week long study so it was time to celebrate and do a little hanging out! Ha ha, you shall soon see what I mean! As you may recall, a few months ago, John and I went to the Forest Adventure park where they have numerous zip lines and an obstacle course.


Quite a few fearless ladies decided to take on the challenge and try it out. There were only few of us who had ever been before, so it was really fun getting some of them up so high and racing down a zip line.


Oh we had so much fun! Its pretty difficult to make friends here when you do not have children because pretty much everyone else does, and everything they do is centered around them. I have to interject something for my mother and mother-in-law...no I am not going to have a baby anytime soon. John says making friends is not a good reason to have baby! Ha ha! Anyway, it was nice to be in a different setting and get to know people a little better.


Here are Amanda and I getting ready for our first run!


You cannot beat the view of the ocean from up high.


Here are a couple of the girls taking a break from the big Tarzan swing!


By the end of the day we were all peer pressuring each other to hang upside down! Whew! After 3 times, I FINALLY got it. It is really hard to trow your legs up there, then have the courage to let go and just hang there!


What a rush! Yes, I am crazy, but it was a blast!


Here is my friend Amanda showing us how its done!









No comments: