Friday, October 30, 2009

Lost in Translation

Both the Japanese and English languages are some of the most difficult in the world to learn. When you combine them, there is potential for disaster. Today I thought it would be fun to give you a good laugh at some of the signs that we have seen around here that could have been translated a little better along with a few other odd things! Yes, these are all REAL things we have seen here, there have been no alterations made to the photographs!

Sorry buddy, the road ends here for you.
What?!?! Nothing about the spelling on this entire sign is correct.
As opposed to your child smokers...
I guess Japan gets 2 more hours than the rest of the world.
Lets take a ride in my spazz-mobile!
This one was strangely at the aquarium. It just looks like a bad idea to me, especially right next to a water fountain. I was not brave enough to try it out to see what it was. I know it is some sort of gargle, but once again, why out in the open at the aquarium?
I bet you guys don't get this in the States!
Here is a perfect glimpse into the joys of driving here. "What do I do?" Was the first thing that came to my mind the first time I pulled up to one of these!Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Nunn's said...

Funny. I was sitting here reading with MacKenzie and she said, "26" wow, what is 26:00. I said 26 hundred hours. She said, "there are only 24 hours in a day!"
Smart girl! :) A

Brooke said...

Oh my! I am laughing out loud here at home. I can almost hear my husband making crude jokes about the McHotdog Mega sausage. Oh well, I have to get in my spazz mobile and start running errands! Thanks for the pics. It made my day!