Sunday, November 22, 2009

Even if it's not me...

I am a sucker for reunions. Have you ever seen that show "The Locator"? It gets me every time when I see long lost siblings, children, or friends reunited. What is even better, is seeing military families come together after long deployment. Tonight I had the pleasure of going to the airport to capture photographs of quite a few friends of mine as they hugged their Marine for the first time in 6 months.
My good friend Laura's husband Matt is one of John's best friends here. He was where John is now, luckily they had a few weeks to hang out before Matt headed back here. Ridiculous, I know.
I arrived at the airport to see so many anxious faces and signs that said "Welcome Home" and "We love you". My heart leaped! I love this stuff!
The worst part about the airport in Okinawa is there is a HUGE glass wall that separates you from the passengers waiting for their bags. It can be torture when you have waited to long to see someone, then you finally do, but you still have to wait for them to come through those doors! After what seemed like forever, our Marines walked out the door to cheers and claps! Wives and children ran to get that first hug and kiss. My heart just melted!
Eventhough it was not me who was welcoming home my hero, I am so happy for all of them and I know my day will come soon!

1 comment:

Mio said...

Hi my name is Mio. I was looking for some picture on Google and somehow found your blog site.
And couldn't help to comments you because I am from Okinawa!!!!
I am living in the States now so your pictures made me cry! I miss Okinawa so much!
It is really nice to read your blog :) Thank you