Thursday, March 4, 2010

Marine Drum and Bugle Corps

Tonight I had the pleasure of watching the Commandant's own Marine Drum and Bugle Corps as well as the Silent Drill team. It was awesome!
They performed at a high school football field and there were so many people there.
I have to admit, some of these pictures are from my friend Beth who has a MUCH nicer camera than I do!
The band was outstanding and incredibly precise.
Here are a few Marine WWII veterans that were honored at the ceremony.
Ah, the Silent Drill team! I had never seen them before and they are so amazing!
The announcer did inform us that those are 10.5 lb, fully operational M1 rifles with fixed bayonets. I wonder how long they had to practice with the fake ones before they were allowed to use the real thing???
Here are me and a few of my girlfriends. What can we say, we love Marines!

Semper Fi!

No comments: