Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Forest Adventure Park

We decided to take a trip up north and try out a place called Forest Adventure Park. Basically, its a huge zip-lining course. We had never been before but had heard great things about it! We had a blast! John had an extra day off, so going on a Tuesday was great because there was hardly anyone there. We had a girl put on our harnesses and give us a brief lesson on how to use the equipment, then off we went. I have been on a zip-line before, but I was a teenager so the first time was a little scary!

Here is the video I took of myself going on the first one!


There were trails that led to different zip-lines, probably 10 or more and you had to go on them to get through the course.


As you were going from one area to another, there was basically nothing but trees and bushes underneath you!


Here comes John!


The higher we climbed, the better our view of the beautiful ocean was!
Towards the end was a large obstacle course that was pretty hard!


After climbing up some swinging ladders we had to go on what is called the Tarzan Swing. These videos are so funny, I could watch them over and over!


We actually wound up doing this course twice because no one was behind us, so we might as well get our money's worth!


So keeping with the adventurous theme we decided to try some curry. The Japanese are big on curry and it seems all of our friends just love it. John and I have been very wary of try it, mainly because of the smell. It doesn't look all that great either. So we stopped at a big restaurant called Coco Curry House and tried some chicken curry. Generally a plate comes with rice, some sort of meat and this brown (curry) sauce that you can choose your level of heat. From mild to #12. You are only allowed to have above an 8 if you have eaten the whole thing of a 5 or above. We stuck with the #1! Ha ha! Hey, we were easing in! It was surprisingly good! John loved it and I am still deciding how much I liked it, but I would probably go back. So that was our day of adventure. I hope you enjoyed pictures and video of us looking like fools!

4 comments:

Deanna McAlister Hosea said...

No way you just at at Coco's! Chicken Curry #7, please! Mmm, mmm!

Anonymous said...

Haha..I love your facials in your video! I would of been scared the first time as well, well..probably every time. =) Hope you are doing well! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Okay for some reason it didn't post my name...it's Deanna Diaz TRUE!!! =) So weird to have a married last name. Love you!

CJ Lampwork said...

How cool. that's something I think I would like to try someday. thanks for sharing. LU Auntie Cheryl