Thursday, July 10, 2008

On our way out of Nevada

We are exactly 12 days away from leaving the armpit of the United States...the place they call Nevada. There will be a few things I miss about it here, like my friends, being so close to Lake Tahoe and driving distance to John's family, but other that that, I do not have many nice things to say! If you have been one of the lucky few to have visited us here, then I need to explain no further. John's time at TOPGUN has been a long road. There has not been an officer in the history of TOPGUN who has been here as long as he has. It is definitely time to go! Don't get me wrong, this has been a great career move for him. I mean, how many people can say that they were an instructor at the prestigious Navy Fighter Weapons School: the real TOPGUN? I am so proud of him. Not only for the job he does, but what he has endured the last 4 years. There were many 16+ hour workdays, countless late night debriefs, and there were quite a few times I was sleeping when he left for work and sleeping when he came home. There is a lot expected of you when you are a member of a staff who are the best of the best. I believe he will miss the camaraderie and being with such an elite group of people. But the best is yet to come. We are looking forward to being on a beautiful tropical island with such wonderful travel opportunities. Start checking for flights everyone!

2 comments:

Rose Mary said...

I am so glad ya'll made it. I have been thinking about ya'll all day and I'm so glad the puppies did great. I thought about you trying to handle them and the luggage too. I guess I'll try to save my pennies and come for a visit. You know I don't fly more than 3 hrs, but I'll do it for you. I miss you alot. Well keep us posted and give John a hug for me and the puppies too.
Love
Auntie Rosie

Dishin And Dishes said...

Hey! Glad you're safe and sound! We know you guys are going to have a blast (even though we'll all miss you!). Do either of you speak Japanese? Is that the primary language in Okanawa? We love you!

Uncle Denis & Aunt Katie