Monday, December 22, 2008

Garlic Breath

Ok, I am very sorry it has taken so long to post a blog, but I have simply been lazy about writing them. There have been blog-worthy events, so I guess I better get on the ball!
Last weekend we headed out to a local favorite restaurant with some friends. Now actually, I mean a favorite of the Americans here, you probably won't see many Japanese because we have made it such a touristy spot! It is called Arin Krin, but it is better known as "The Garlic Restaurant". Pretty much everything on the menu has garlic in it. Luckily, I am a fan of garlic, so off we went with our friends Matt and Laura.

I have never seen so many garlic dishes in my life! I didn't even know they existed! From garlic pizza to fried garlic, they had it all (and we were sure to bring some mints for afterwards!) Matt and Laura are long time veterans of this place so they were able to give some good suggestions.
The plates are pretty small, so we each ordered 2 or 3 things and passed them around. Here is just a little bit of the aftermath. I couldn't even get all of the plates in the picture and I didn't feel like embarrassing everyone by standing on the table, so just add a few things to this picture! The garlic bread was amazing, as well as the pizza. We had spicy garlic fries, garlic beef, shrimp, and well, you get the picture.
Here we are in front of the worlds largest painting of a bulb of garlic!
Right down the street is our favorite ice cream place "Big Dip". So we walked off a little of our full bellies and headed down the road to stuff them some more. As you can see, we had a bit of fun with the ice cream cut outs! I have a feeling these pictures might wind up at John's office one day!
On the way back to the parking lot, we saw a sign letting us know we probably shouldn't have parked there. Oh well, it is nearly impossible to find parking anywhere on this teeny tiny island. Now, I have no idea who gets chosen to translate signs over here, but this guy needs to take a few spelling lessons. This is by far the worst one I have seen since we have been here!

So that was our fun little night. Once again, sorry for not posting more, I PROMISE I will try harder! We leave for Tokyo in one day, so I will certainly be posting lots of pictures from our trip!



1 comment:

Deanna McAlister Hosea said...

Hahahaha! That really is the worst sign I've seen yet. Too funny! You know, I think you should go back to Arin Krin and stand on the table. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see everything. :) Lonnie and I have been wanting to go there for awhile now. Hmm...maybe a Sunday after church is the best. I'd hate to go on Saturday and be at the front of the church smelling like garlic!