Saturday, July 25, 2009

A pretty chill weekend...

Not a whole lot to report from Okinawa this week. I have been studying like a mad woman and John has been preparing for a trip for work. Needless to say, our house is a bit of a disaster and we're a tad stressed! To help with the stress, my wonderful husband took me out to dinner at a nice restaurant (ok, nice by Okinawan standards!) for my birthday since he will be in the Philippines on that day.
We stuffed ourselves silly with crab legs and steak although nothing compares to a good ol Texas steak! It was a great birthday dinner and I am glad we had a chance to go out to celebrate!
Saturday morning we planned on diving (shocker, I know). We headed out to a place we had never been and after getting lost a time or two, we finally found it. The conditions were way too windy and the water was too choppy to get in, so we took a little stroll on the beach. We encountered these guys.
I am not quite sure what this is called, but I would say stupid might be implied. These guys are strapped to a harness which is connected to a parachute, connected to a motorized fan! Now I am all about doing "daring" or exciting things, but this just does not look safe to me!
We watched them fly around for a bit then continued are walk, but were sure to keep an eye out so we didn't get knocked over in one of their landings!
This picture makes us (especially me) look a little dwarf-ish, but it is cute nonetheless!
The water was exceptionally clear and beautiful this weekend, I couldn't get over how pretty it looked.
We officially have one year down in Okinawa. I wish I could say "I can't believe it has already been one year", but it seems like 5 to me! Orders are still in the works for us to head out of here next summer, but nothing is ever official in the military until you are on that plane. Say a few prayers for us that if it is God's will, we come back to America sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey! Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am still so jealous of you guys everytime I see your pictures. It looks so beautiful there! Good luck with orders. And the move. I know you guys are looking forward to getting back home!