Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Got Flocked!

I made it back to Okinawa safely and even got bumped up to business class on the long leg of my trip. It made for a MUCH more pleasant ride! I guess all of those trips back and forth to the States has paid off with the airlines!
Two days after I got home, I woke up and heard some kids laughing and talking very loudly outside my house. I peered out the window to see what was going on and I spotted a pink flamingo. Uh oh. It happened to me. I got flocked!
The youth group at our church are always coming up with ideas to raise money and I think this is the most fun one yet. Anyone can pay them to put a little heard (or whatever you call it) of plastic flamingos in another person's yard. They usually sneak around in the middle of the night so you have a big surprise when you wake up. You can also buy flocking "insurance" to protect yourself from this happening to you! I think it is hilarious. I knew they had started doing this, but didn't think it would happen to me! This definitely made my day!

2 comments:

The Nunn's said...

how funny! That is cute. I love it

CJ Lampwork said...

Awww....your friends missed you. How fun!