Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beach day!

One of the worst parts (but in some circumstances, a good part) of military life is having to say goodbye to people. Inevitably you meet some great people and one of you has to move soon. This weekend we spent a gorgeous day at the beach with some good friends to bid them farewell.
We had a really good turnout. I have spent a lot of time with these girls lately. We are in a small Bible study together and the majority of our husbands have either worked together, or in close proximity.
I think that Okinawa should be re-named to "Baby Island". There is definitely something in the water around here. Here's proof. Two of these babies were born the same day and the other just 2 weeks earlier. I think I am going to invest in Babies R Us stock with all of the baby showers I am attending!
However I did get to sneak a picture of this cute guy nervously holding one of the little ones!
Anyway, back to the beach. We had a great afternoon full of sun and laughter. I hate having to say goodbye, but in the small Marine Corps world, it is very likely that we will bump into these great people again!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Welcome Home Fudge!! I am sure you were greatly missed!!

So are you moving? Where to?