Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok, I am a little behind on this post, but better late than never!
My dad and step-mom came out here for a visit over the Thanksgiving holiday. This year was particularly special. Last year John was deployed and I spent Thanksgiving in Japan by myself. Of course I had friends take me in but it wasn't the same. This year I was so thankful to have John home and having family with us was icing on the cake.
During their visit we were busy touring the entire island. I am pretty sure they saw almost all of the best sites on Okinawa!
Day one, we headed down south to Shuri castle, the former residence of the king of the Ryukyu Dynasty (just in case you don't know, Okinawa is part of a chain of islands called the Ryukyu islands).
John posing in typical Japanese fashion...
We took advantage of having a photographer with us (my dad) and got some fun pictures in. Be on the lookout for a great one on our Christmas card!
Then onto shopping on one of the most touristy streets here on the island. It was quite interesting, however after living here for so long, nothing surprises us!
We had tons of fun at the aquarium
Spent some time checking out the Christmas lights in American Village
Saw the Cape Zanpa lighthouse
I am still in awe every time I see how gorgeous and blue the water is here!
And of course we had to head to the beach a few times!



I was really sad to see them go but I am so happy they were able to come out here for a visit!

No comments: