Monday, November 10, 2008

Casa De Franklin

Our house has been a work in progress since we have moved in. It has been quite the chore making a concrete house look like a home! We had to borrow a hammer drill just to make holes in the walls in order to hang large pictures and curtains. My dad should be so proud in knowing that I used it all by myself! So now that we have all of our furniture and I have painted 3 rooms, I figured it was about time to post some pictures.

Here is our TEENY kitchen. Now if you ever went to our old house in Nevada, and saw my huge, fabulous kitchen, I am sure you know that I had a tear or two in my eye when I saw my new one! When that refrigerator door opens, it almost touches the oven. I keep telling myself "Its only three years out of your life!"















We bought a new plasma TV, so of course it wouldn't fit our old entertainment center, and we decided to buy a new one. This one was way bigger than we had intended to buy, but it is beautiful and quite a steal, so we couldn't pass up this gorgeous Ashley furniture entertainment center. It was delivered last week and we are still getting used to how big it is!











The base of these walls alters paint colors quite a bit, so none of the rooms I painted turned out quite like I had planned, hence the lime green living room accent walls. I was really worried about it being too bright, but once we got the furniture in there, I loved it!
We have a matching coffee table on the way. Hopefully it will be here in the next few weeks!






Our bedroom is pretty small, so we do not have a whole lot in there. Luckily, there is alot of storage built into all of the rooms. As you can see, there are quite a few drawers and shelves built into the wall.







This is one of our guest rooms. This obviously is "my room". John won't let me put all of my dance figurines anywhere else in the house!







While John was gone for a month back to the States, I had alot of time on my hands and decided to re-do his room. I pained it and put all of his special plaques up. And of course a ironing board so he doesn't have to get it out every day!








To go with the "small theme" around here, of course our bathroom is quite small. We have three bathrooms in this house, but only one shower. Luckily one of us is a morning shower person and the other is a night showerer! So be prepared if you come visit to take turns! The other bathrooms look like prison bathrooms, so I didn't even bother taking pictures of them! Haha!









So there you have it; our lovely home. I am finally starting to feel settled and my brain is realizing that this isn't just a long vacation and I will be here for a while!

4 comments:

Rose Mary said...

I love the pictures of your house. Great job painting Andrea. You did good. The doggies are so cute. I like the pics with them at the beach.

The Trimble's said...

Did you get your bedding at Pottery Barn?

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Hey, it almost looks like your house back in Nevada! I bet it is so nice to have all your things. Miss ya girlie!!

Deanna McAlister Hosea said...

Hey! The kitchen looks great! Darn those metal doors we have. They just stick out, don't they? You have "hardwood" flooring. I'm soooo jealous! We have church fellowship hall tile.